Friday, November 13, 2009

Behailu's Blog

I couldn't agree more with Behailu's thoughts on the health care reform. After reading the Newsweek article and your post it seems like the Republicans in Congress are playing a "game" (not really, but you know what I mean) and have other agendas when it comes to a "meeting in the middle" with an agreement on the desperate need for a change in health care in America.

The Newsweek article and your blog also go back to our discussion topic on public health care in America...In which I have mixed feelings about, I can't say that I would want the "first come, first serve" process that comes along with public health care but what you mentioned was the option for it, I am assuming that means you (the consumer) can choose to have private insurance or go with public insurance...I like that idea just in case there comes a time when I or other people don't have the option or can't afford my or their current health insurance.

Just another thought...I have been told part of the reason health care cost is so high (to see the doctor only) is to help pay for the ever rising cost of malpractice insurance that doctors have to have to "CYA" because some people have become so "sue happy." One of the nations largest malpractice insurance companies, St. Paul Companies has stopped writing policies because of the liability and cost that comes with it.

Where I am going with this: Not only do we need some health care reform for ourselves (consumers) but also for the doctors, it would seem they could be just a bad off with the current health care system as we are, and who knows maybe the public health care option would help with this issue too...??

No comments: